Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sew Busy




I've been busy making handbags the last couple of weeks. I need to downsize some of my fabric stash so I'll have room for more! It seems no matter what I make, I can't make a dent in what I've accumulated. I may have to start giving fabric away again so I can make a run to Mary Jo's in Gastonia to buy more.



My good friend Jo gave me a huge roll of a polyester type batting some time ago. It's a little too thick and stiff for quilts (I prefer thin cotton batting for quilts), but it's perfect for making handbags, placemats, wallhangings, and various other craft items. I have enough of this stuff to insulate my house with it!! I guess the handbags will suffice for now in helping to use this stuff up.



Here are the pics of the bags I made. I used a commercial pattern for the two bottom bags in the group picture and the other bags are my own design. The red crazy patch bag has a snap out cosmetic bag with pockets on the side. All have inside pockets. The rounded top bags have outside pockets on each side.

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! If you made them into a pattern I'd sure buy it. I'm really into making bags right now. My dolls are misbehaving.

    ReplyDelete