Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Play Date with Maggie

Have you ever had a friend who started out as a friend but became your sister? I have one of those and I thank the Lord every day that she's part of my life. Maggie leads a busy life and was never involved much with hands on hobbies. She was always content to accept my hand crafted items for Christmas and birthdays and such and continues to display them proudly in her home. Maggie ooh'd and ahh'd over my dolls, then one day decided she wanted to give it a try. We got together a few months ago for a "play date" and I helped her make her first doll. The doll was simple, but sweet. Well, with her hubby doing a little weekend overtime on his job, we decided it was time for another "play date." We got together on Saturday for a few hours to play with dolls. Maggie decided that this time she wanted to make a troll. I had a free pattern from one of my doll groups designed by Lotus Vele that I had never tried so we used that. Maggie is extremely smart! You only have to show her something once and she can do it! She worked on sewing body parts, turning little fingers, and stuffing them on Saturday. We ran out of time so we continued on Labor Day til the doll was done. She took to needlesculpting like a pro. Maggie's troll began as a male doll, but after the features were sculpted and soft yarn hair was applied, he evolved into a female.Our dolls really do speak to us and tell us who they want to be! Her face was so sweet and serene that she was appropriately named "Serenity." She is very casually dressed in fleece pants and poncho, just the thing for relaxing on an old tree stump! I am so proud of Maggie and her "Serenity." I think I may have created a monster!! And competition as well!! It's a good thing we are "Sisters"! Great job Maggie!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hey Terry,

    Boy, did you build me up. I could not have done half of the stuff that we did if I hadn't had such a good and patient teacher.I was truly blessed over 30 years ago when I came to know and love you. You have been more of a Sister than my own Sister.
    Love you,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL What U 2 sisters is a doing U are doing a SUPER DUPER JOB The dolls LOOK real..U R doing great MAGGIE..KEEP it Up I want to see MORE AND MORE AND MORE!!!:O)
    Terry I sorry I can not sew.:O( I can Crop A Dile it....HAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete