Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mr. Fenneyman.....the finished man

Mr. Fenneyman is now finished! This has been so much fun and I stumbled on a couple of great techniques for decorating the base. The mushrooms are made from paperclay per Michelle's instructions, but when I got impatient for them to dry, I used my heat gun. Then came the happy scorched the mushroom! When I saw that it gave a natural look, I just continued on with the heat gun being very careful not to actually burn the paperclay. Now the mushrooms look just like the ones that grow in my yard! I wanted a woodland look to the base and didn't want to spend money for the "grass" that's used by hobbyists so I scooped up a handful of sawdust, mixed it with craft glue and paint, then spread it out unevenly on the base. I added some wildflowers and twigs and VOILA! The sawdust adhered well and I'm very pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment